All Training Providers who wish to have their training event/s (courses, workshops, seminars) re-validated by Consulting Engineers South Africa CESA for CPD credits/points (Category 1, Section 9, ECSA CPD Policy document) must comply with the following requirements:
- The Training Provider must complete the on-line CPD Validation application form (ECPD2a).
- An invoice will be emailed to you, on receipt of your application form. The Training Provider must pay the validation fee in full before the evaluation process can take place. (See Cost Structure)
- The Training Provider must submit the following:
- One hard copy of all the training material, including PowerPoint presentations and handouts, which will be used for the event.
- A CD/DVD of all the training material, including PowerPoint presentations and handouts, which will be used for the event. [This is the achive copy]
- Proof of payment
- CV of trainer/s
- A copy of a blank evaluation form for obtaining feedback from participants for rating of the relevance, quality and effectiveness of the event.
Consulting Engineers South Africa (CESA)
School of Consulting Engineering
Fulham House, Hampton Park North,
20 Georgian Crescent,
For Attention: Blessings Banda
- The above is to be submitted no less than four weeks prior to the expiry date of the previous validation.
- Validation Process
- Once the School of Consulting Engineering (SCE) has received:
- the on-line application form
- the required documentation (see No.3)
- the proof of payment
a confirmation letter, a certificate and the CESA logo will then be sent.
- Once the training provider has received the validation number, the validation number together with the CESA logo, must appear on the following:
- Cover page of all marketing material
- Cover page of the training material
- Registration form
- Attendance register
- Attendance certificate
- Attendance Registers and Evaluation Forms
The Training Provider must, at the end of each event, allow the delegates to evaluate the event.
- If delegates experience the event in a negative light, the training provider must submit a corrective action report to the CESA Education and Training Committee.
After the event, the Training Provider must, within 30 days, submit the following:
- Send and/or email a copy of delegate’s attendance register to: firstname.lastname@example.org/ CESA - P O Box 68482, Bryanston 2021, Johannesburg
- Send and/or email a one page collective overview of the results of the evaluation forms or a copy of the evaluation forms to:
email@example.com/ CESA - P O Box 68482, Bryanston 2021, Johannesburg
Should the above not be duly completed and submitted to the School of Consulting Engineering (SCE), the validation number will be suspended by CESA with ECSA.
It is therefore the responsibility of the Training Providers to submit the above documentation, timeously.
CESA reserves the right to suspend the valiation number, without prior notice, if the above information is not submitted, within 30 days from the event.
Material will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Does the activity serve to maintain or enhance the knowledge, skills and competence of all those who participate in it?
- Does it meet an educational and developmental need, and provide an effective learning experience for the participants?
- Is the depth and breadth of the subject matter appropriately covered?
- Is an evaluation form attached for obtaining feedback from participants on the course and does it provide for rating of the relevance, quality and effectiveness of the activity?
- Are the objectives of the course clear?
- Does it have defined intended outcomes?
- Appropriateness of method of presentation.
- Does it address the anticipated benefit to the target group and to the profession as a whole?
The duration of the validation period will be 3 (three years) unless specified differently.
- The Application form and the mandatory documentation (see No. 3) must be submitted to the SCE no less than two weeks prior to the commencement of the event.
- Should the training material be rejected by the assessor, you will be advised and once the assessor’s suggested changes have been completed, the option to re-submit will be available.
- School of Consulting Engineering reserves the right to withdraw the validation at any time.
If a dispute should arise then the CESA Education and Training Committee will resolve the issue. (A formal letter and supporting material must be submitted by the parties involved prior to the dispute). If the CESA Education and Training Committee fails to reach a resolution then the matter will be referred to Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA).