All Providers who wish to have their conference, congresses and colloquiums (hereinafter referred to as 'Event') validated by Consulting Engineers South Africa CESA for CPD credits/points (Category 1, Section 9, ECSA CPD Policy document) must comply with the following requirements:
- The Provider must complete the on-line CPD Validation application form (ECPD2a).
- An invoice will be emailed to you, on receipt of your application form. The Training Provider must pay the validation fee in full before the evaluation process can take place. (See Cost Structure)
- The Provider must submit the following to email@example.com:
- The conference programme
- Submit to the School of Consulting Engineering (SCE) the following from each speaker, recorded on the programme:
- A confirmation letter from each speaker (on the speaker’s or company’s letterhead), stating that they have agreed to speak at the event.
- An abstract of their presentation
- An abbreviated/abridged CV
- Proof of payment
- A blank copy of the event’s evaluation form for obtaining feedback from participants in order that they may rate the relevance, quality and effectiveness of the event.
- If delegates experience the event in a negative light, organisers must submit a corrective action report to the CESA Education and Training Committee.
Proof of VAT registration of the training provider's organisation, or if not VAT registered, the following three documents:
- Tax clearance certificate
- Company registration document
- A reference letter from a client
- The final programme and any last minute speaker confirmation letters must be received one week prior to the event
- Once the event has been approved, the validation number and the CESA logo must appear on the following:
- Cover page of all marketing material
- Registration form
- Attendance register
- Attendance certificate
- Validation Process
- Once the School of Consulting Engineering (SCE) has received:
- the on-line application form
- the required documentation (see No.3)
- the proof of payment
the Manager of the School will assess the conference programme (see evaluation criteria below) and if acceptable, the event will be allocate CPD credits/points and a validation number.
- A confirmation letter, a certificate and the CESA logo will then be sent to the successful applicant.
- If unsuccessful, the provider will be advised accordingly.
- Attendance Registers and Evaluation Forms
The Provider must, at the end of each event, allow the delegates to evaluate the event.
- If delegates experience the event in a negative light, the provider must submit a corrective action report to the CESA Education and Training Committee.
After the event, the Provider must, within 30 days, submit the following:
- Send and/or email a copy of delegate’s attendance register, which must include the delegate’s signature, name, surname, company, email address and ID number to: firstname.lastname@example.org/ CESA - P O Box 68482, Bryanston 2021, Johannesburg
- Send and/or email a one page collective overview of the results of the evaluation forms or a copy of the evaluation forms to:
email@example.com/ CESA - P O Box 68482, Bryanston 2021, Johannesburg
|Should the above not be duly completed and submitted to the School of Consulting Engineering (SCE), the validation number will be suspended by CESA with ECSA.|
It is therefore the responsibility of the Training Providers to submit the above documentation, timeously.
CESA reserves the right to suspend the valiation number, without prior notice, if the above information is not submitted, within 30 days from the event.
Material will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Does the activity serve to maintain or enhance the knowledge, skills and competence of all those who participate in it?
- Does it meet an educational and developmental need and provide an effective learning experience for the participants?
- Is the deapth and breathe of the subject matter appropriately covered?
- Is there an evaluation form attached for obtaining feedback from participants on the course and does it provide for rating of the relevance, quality and effectiveness of the activity?
- Does it address the anticipated benefit to the target group and to the profession as a whole?
The duration of the validation period will be only be for the actual days of the event.
- The Application form and the mandatory documentation (see No. 3) must be submitted to the SCE no less than six weeks prior to the commencement of the event.
- Should the training material be rejected by the assessor, you will be advised and once the assessor’s suggested changes have been completed, the option to re-submit will be available.
- School of Consulting Engineering reserves the right to withdraw the validation at any time.
If a dispute should arise then the CESA Education and Training Committee will resolve the issue. (A formal letter and supporting material must be submitted by the parties involved prior to the dispute). If the CESA Education and Training Committee fails to reach a resolution then the matter will be referred to Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA).