Business of Consulting Engineering: Overview
EXCEL IN THE FIELD OF
while earning B-BBEE points
Business of Consulting Engineering (BCE) Development Programme
If you are serious about a career in consulting engineering, then you should enrol for the CESA Business of Consulting Engineering (BCE) Development Programme. Likewise, if you are an employer of consulting engineers, you should be sending key staff members on the programme. Better still, consider attending yourself!
Rise to the Top of Your Profession!
The programme focuses on developing non-technical skills, from project inception to project completion, essential for a career in consulting engineering, but not part of normal tertiary engineering education including the:
- Project Delivery
- Consulting Engineering Environment
- Business and Project Finance
- Legal and Contractual Matters
- Inter-personal Skills
“BCE – Developed by the Industry – For the Industry’
Here is why a company should enrol its inspiring young professionals in the BCE Development Programme:
- Prepare young talent in the organisation to be legitimately fast tracked into future leaders in the company.
- Young professionals will acquire a more comprehensive understanding of the consulting engineering environment and the entrepreneurial side of the business.
- Develop and upskill the young engineers you already have, limiting risk and yielding a pool of dynamic young professionals.
Who should apply?
- Project / Construction Managers
- Quantity Surveyors
- Business Managers
- Non–engineering Professionals (Finance, HR, Legal) within a consulting engineering firm.
International students are welcome to apply onto the programme.
BCE Development Programme Includes:
- One afternoon class a week, online, consisting of two or three lectures
- Over 50 topics presented by 15 Subject Matter Experts
- Access and use of the CESAnet student portal
- Individual student facilitator’s support
- Training material, including the manual the ‘Role of the Consulting Engineer during Project Delivery’
- The assessing and moderating of assignments, individual feedback, and exams
- 15 ECSA CPD credits, claimable on the company’s SETA WSP/ATR submission and Construction Charter B-BBEE Scorecard.
The BCE programme demands a lot of hard work and commitment, but the rewards make it all worthwhile!